One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They are not impartial and they fall disgracefully short of what is required following the worst debacle in agricultural history in this country.’
- ‘Most mornings, particularly around the weekend, this area is disgracefully littered with fast food bags, boxes, cartons and drinks containers.’
- ‘The travellers, who included eight adults, eight children plus a newborn baby, told the Gazette they had been treated disgracefully and had been the victims of racial abuse and false allegations.’
- ‘A guarantee is only as good as the people who give it, and in this case it appears we have been duped twice - first by the supplier and more disgracefully by a highly reputable manufacturer.’
- ‘‘A number of politicians have behaved disgracefully and then compounded their offences by trying to evade responsibility,’ she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.