One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of freeing property from entail.‘the disentailment of the Church's landed property’
- ‘After that date, a simple deed of disentailment was all that was required to break an entail.’
- ‘But he proved a centralizer and it was his stronger state that pushed forward with disentailment of communal land.’
- ‘First, it often profited from a liberalization of the market to increase or at least consolidate its landholdings, even though measures such as disentailment and bans on the sale of land to commoners were directly aimed at its interests.’
- ‘Its creation was a direct consequence of the disentailment of Church property and the museum was the first national, public art gallery to be created in Spain.’
- ‘The disentailment rapidly led to a thorough and long-lasting transformation of the urban landscape of Barcelona.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.