One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was aware of my voice raising in volume and pitch and other passengers looking disdainfully at me.’
- ‘Howard disdainfully and proudly refuses, tearing the thing from his face.’
- ‘People had begun to frown disdainfully in my direction and the distance between us widened.’
- ‘Who would have ever guessed that she could treat him so disdainfully?’
- ‘Every year, laws specifying time limits for loudspeakers are issued, only to be disdainfully transgressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.