One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Who would have ever guessed that she could treat him so disdainfully?’
- ‘Every year, laws specifying time limits for loudspeakers are issued, only to be disdainfully transgressed.’
- ‘I was aware of my voice raising in volume and pitch and other passengers looking disdainfully at me.’
- ‘People had begun to frown disdainfully in my direction and the distance between us widened.’
- ‘Howard disdainfully and proudly refuses, tearing the thing from his face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.