One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By ‘localised state of exception’ I mean organised around a particular social problem and discursively constructed around a necessarily problematic figure, such as the hoon.’
- ‘‘I speak elliptically, discursively,’ she admits, babbling about an obsolete guidebook to Kabul, Afghanistan, which she holds on her lap.’
- ‘Different identities, different traces, of the subject although each, paradoxically, determining a bounded whole which co-exists discursively without conflict.’
- ‘Since representations are mediations - visually, culturally, and discursively - they displace elements of the real world and social relations.’
- ‘Gender, in poststructuralist theories does not emanate from a ‘naturally given’ sexed body, but as a discursively given code comes to materialize bodies as sexed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.