One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, such technology is no panacea, and should be used discriminately.’
- ‘The City of Calgary hasn't banned the use of pesticides and herbicides, but it does want them to be used more discriminately.’
- ‘Investors sell indiscriminately on the way down, but they buy very discriminately on the way up.’
- ‘When spring comes, Tim and his staff pull off the leaves and prune the roses more discriminately.’
- ‘Nobody likes being indiscriminately judged, but being discriminately judged feels even worse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.