Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Statistical analysis using a discriminant function to assign data to one of two or more groups.
- ‘Exploratory data analysis, discriminant analysis, and logistic regression all consistently suggest the importance of these characteristics.’
- ‘For morphometric analyses, we used multivariate discriminant analysis on landmark data and linear measurements.’
- ‘In addition to contingency table analysis, discriminant analysis and exploratory factor analysis were applied to analyze the different problems under study.’
- ‘We considered algorithms based on multivariate discriminant analysis.’
- ‘Early preferences were statistically imputed for this group, using a well-known statistical technique called discriminant analysis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.