Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Statistical analysis using a discriminant function to assign data to one of two or more groups.
- ‘In addition to contingency table analysis, discriminant analysis and exploratory factor analysis were applied to analyze the different problems under study.’
- ‘Exploratory data analysis, discriminant analysis, and logistic regression all consistently suggest the importance of these characteristics.’
- ‘For morphometric analyses, we used multivariate discriminant analysis on landmark data and linear measurements.’
- ‘Early preferences were statistically imputed for this group, using a well-known statistical technique called discriminant analysis.’
- ‘We considered algorithms based on multivariate discriminant analysis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.