One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Represent or approximate (a quantity or series) using a discrete quantity or quantities.
- ‘Approximations are made when the world is represented using continuous models (partial differential equations) and when these continuous models are discretized.’
- ‘For the continuous distributions of selection coefficients, calculations are performed by discretizing the density function using 10 categories.’
- ‘To make the solution feasible, compromises must be made in the resolution of the grids used to discretize the equations.’
- ‘Ten categories appear to be sufficient for discretizing the integral over parameters.’
- ‘To solve such equations we must retreat to discrete steps and computations, and sometimes the continuous space itself must be discretized over a mesh before submission to a computing device.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.