One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For example, engineers use multigrid methods to analyze numeric properties of physical phenomena using a hierarchy of grid discretization.’
- ‘The time discretization has been achieved by an implicit finite-difference scheme, thus guaranteeing an intrinsic numerical stability.’
- ‘The spatial discretization used finite differences, and the method of lines was employed to reduce the partial differential equations to a system of ordinary differential equations.’
- ‘To improve the accuracy of that extrapolation, we place a high premium on finding improved algorithms that reduce discretization artifacts.’
- ‘Analyses all required a planar mathematical discretization of a region containing a prescribed number of cells with prescribed orientations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.