One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Opposed to continuity is discreteness: to be discrete is to be separated, like the scattered pebbles on a beach or the leaves on a tree.’
- ‘Information on the plasticity of the migratory routes of bowhead whales provides insight on their vulnerability to changes in available habitats, and determination of migration routes also elucidates stock discreteness.’
- ‘The effect of photodiode-array discreteness was checked by using two different magnification factors; results were similar.’
- ‘However, with three taxa, the discreteness makes it difficult to determine an interval above which we expect 76% of the range extensions to lie.’
- ‘Units move toward, work toward their unity, their indivisibility, and in a sense language is sanctified as expression only by a certain disregard for the particularity or discreteness of words.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.