One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The first successful oil well in a new field.
- ‘The discovery well, being saved for future production, is near the centre of the north-west quarter of block 346.’
- ‘The Beery place was the location of Shell N.P. No.1, the wildcat strike that became the discovery well for the eastern Montana part of the Williston Basing Drilling commenced May l, 1951.’
- ‘The Department of Energy later awarded British Gas the licences to drill where the Morecambe fields lie and the first discovery well was bored in September 1974.’
- ‘As previously reported, the Flatrock discovery well was drilled to a total depth of 18400 feet.’
- ‘In the D - 6 block, the M - 1 exploration discovery well was drilled approximately 19 km SSE of the Dhirubhai field in 1,327 metres of water to a total depth of 2,942 metres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.