One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Inside, he was relieved to discover, the ambience was not quite so discouragingly spartan as outside.’
- ‘Others, even more discouragingly, said the questions were simply unanswerable.’
- ‘We had shows in several major cities, but we sold discouragingly few pictures.’
- ‘For the most part, ticket prices remain either beyond the reach of, or discouragingly expensive for, ordinary workers and youth.’
- ‘The little boy stomped away, sat back down next to Daniel, and began to stare discouragingly down the road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.