One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We had shows in several major cities, but we sold discouragingly few pictures.’
- ‘Others, even more discouragingly, said the questions were simply unanswerable.’
- ‘For the most part, ticket prices remain either beyond the reach of, or discouragingly expensive for, ordinary workers and youth.’
- ‘The little boy stomped away, sat back down next to Daniel, and began to stare discouragingly down the road.’
- ‘Inside, he was relieved to discover, the ambience was not quite so discouragingly spartan as outside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.