Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A method of assessing investments taking into account the expected accumulation of interest.
- ‘The risk-free rate is also the basis for corporations and other investors evaluating projects or potential acquisition candidates using discounted cash flow analysis.’
- ‘After all, goodwill is a noncash item, and most companies value assets based on discounted cash flow.’
- ‘A discounted cash flow calculation takes into account the value of earnings in future years.’
- ‘It provides calculative techniques, such as discounted cash flow and capital budgeting, that serve to focus decision making.’
- ‘Businesses use discounted cash flow analysis to evaluate investment options.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.