Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A method of assessing investments taking into account the expected accumulation of interest.
- ‘Businesses use discounted cash flow analysis to evaluate investment options.’
- ‘After all, goodwill is a noncash item, and most companies value assets based on discounted cash flow.’
- ‘The risk-free rate is also the basis for corporations and other investors evaluating projects or potential acquisition candidates using discounted cash flow analysis.’
- ‘It provides calculative techniques, such as discounted cash flow and capital budgeting, that serve to focus decision making.’
- ‘A discounted cash flow calculation takes into account the value of earnings in future years.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.