One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shop that sells goods at less than the normal retail price.
- ‘Buy a tub of colored chalk from the local discount store and give your kids a theme to create their own masterpieces on your front or back sidewalks.’
- ‘She bought the talking cookie jar at a large discount store three years ago.’
- ‘Groaning slightly, she got up, and walked into the discount store nearby.’
- ‘Her wares are marketed to ordinary working class people, through her product line sold by the discount store.’
- ‘You may not find them on the bargain rack at the local discount store, but they wear well year after year, making them a good investment.’
- ‘Buckets can be purchased from a discount store or picked up for a small fee from supermarket bakeries and fast-food restaurants.’
- ‘To make this mix in the most economical way, we purchase our seasonings at the local discount store for a dollar a bottle.’
- ‘During most visits with their mother, Hannah and her sisters go to a discount store in West View.’
- ‘My friend suggested I give a gift certificate from a discount store for the same amount of money.’
- ‘Make your own kite (you can find books at the library) or buy a cheap one from the discount store.’
- ‘He recommends shopping at a specialty fitness retailer ‘rather than a discount store that carries hockey pucks and hunting gear.’’
- ‘The last time Sue and I went shopping at the gigantic discount store, I bought a package of golf gloves.’
- ‘The world's most famous toy shop will open the doors of a new discount store in York just in time for Christmas.’
- ‘They're an off-price discount store so the selection varies widely from store to store and day to day.’
- ‘My local discount store does a booming business in CD players that look like 1930s radios.’
- ‘Whatever you do, don't settle for a cheap liner from a discount store.’
- ‘The company pioneered the idea of coupling a discount store with a supermarket and has become the nation's No. 1 grocer.’
- ‘I was shopping at a local discount store when a woman stopped to say hello.’
- ‘I went to a discount store and bought a bunch of large silk flowers for a dollar.’
- ‘Apparently, people went to buy the art at the discount store, but when there was none left, they went to the gallery instead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.