One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We don't say there's a missing link in a cliff, because the height changes discontinuously along the ground, that's just how landscape works.’
- ‘Very general considerations imply that such optimal flux distributions sometimes change discontinuously as the composition of the growth medium is varied.’
- ‘Words like ‘tall’ and ‘short’ tempt us to force the world into qualitative classes, but this doesn't mean that the world really is discontinuously distributed.’
- ‘Its findings suggest, however, that without major acquisitions, the likelihood of moving instantaneously and discontinuously from one period's opportunity frontier to that of another is low.’
- ‘Clearly this coarse-grained level of model cannot pick up specific and discontinuously large shifts of the transition state, which in small proteins will often dominate particular cases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.