One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The new handbook provides that faculty appointments can be terminated because of a ‘financial emergency’ or ‘program discontinuance.’’
- ‘This discontinuance of activity is in itself not completely to blame for child obesity issues, but it does contribute.’
- ‘There was much annoyance at the discontinuance of the first-time house buyers grant and the cutbacks in the Community Enterprise Schemes.’
- ‘The laboratory must maintain a copy of each procedure with the dates of initial use and discontinuance.’
- ‘The only grounds upon which suspension and discontinuance of support can be made are those set out in Regulation 20.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.