One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One is left here to puzzle disconcertedly throughout this entire section over the simple but unanswered question, what is ‘it’?’
- ‘Slowly, disconcertedly, we realize that he sees in her his dead daughter Lisa.’
- ‘Gavin and the others have to crouch pretty low to make it through the main doors, and Gavin is disconcertedly reminded of his similar entrance into another hall nearly 6 months ago.’
- ‘Quite disconcertedly I went to more funerals than I was invited to Christmas dinners.’
- ‘Samantha blinks disconcertedly at the sound of Amanda's amused voice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.