One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or feeling of being disturbed or agitated; agitation.‘she laughed to mask her discomposure’
agitation, discomfiture, discomfort, uneasiness, unease, confusion, disorientation, perturbation, distress, nervousness, flusterednessView synonyms
- ‘Apparently, the whole school knew about my little discomposure.’
- ‘Manda felt her face flushed at her discomposure.’
- ‘I was a daughter of wealth, I told myself, and not subject to discomposure and embarrassment.’
- ‘Reymus watched William leave with a concerned gaze and his pale, silver-blue eyes shone with the slightest bit of discomposure.’
- ‘‘Thank you,’ Hale sputtered in his own discomposure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.