One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a slightly more melodic piece than what was on Wednesday's program, but the effect of discombobulation was basically the same.’
- ‘But the 39-year-old comedian's unsettled nature seems to run deeper than mere discombobulation at missing an appointment.’
- ‘For the music fan of a certain age, flicking through gig guides has recently become a source of profound discombobulation.’
- ‘The same discombobulation afflicted the finale of the fourth symphony, but to a lesser degree.’
- ‘It's the kind of pleasant discombobulation you get from a midway hall of mirrors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.