One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The same discombobulation afflicted the finale of the fourth symphony, but to a lesser degree.’
- ‘It's a slightly more melodic piece than what was on Wednesday's program, but the effect of discombobulation was basically the same.’
- ‘For the music fan of a certain age, flicking through gig guides has recently become a source of profound discombobulation.’
- ‘It's the kind of pleasant discombobulation you get from a midway hall of mirrors.’
- ‘But the 39-year-old comedian's unsettled nature seems to run deeper than mere discombobulation at missing an appointment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.