One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of changing to a different, less attractive colour.‘a bluish discoloration of the skin’
stain, mark, patch, soiling, streak, spot, blotch, tarnishingView synonyms
- ‘For instance, you may experience dryness or even mild discolouration in patches.’
- ‘She warned that sunbeds cause premature ageing of the skin resulting in loss of elasticity, sagging, wrinkling, freckling, yellowish discolouration and brown patches.’
- ‘Find a spot - a mark or discoloration - on the target line, then take dead aim at the spot.’
- ‘Dark spots and discolorations that have not penetrated the finish may be removed with a rotten-stone and oil paste.’
- ‘Even in the best circumstances there is a good chance that there could be unseen spots or discolorations on the fabric that would make it dye with uneven spots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.