One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All known species of Capisocysta have a spheroidal rather than discoidal shape, and an equatorial flange is never present.’
- ‘A distinguishing feature of the echinoids is that the ossicles imbricate and are fused into a globular or discoidal test; its flattened or concave oral side faces the substratum and the aboral side is arched in most species.’
- ‘Of the five subphyla of the traditional scheme, the first is the Echinozoa, which are usually globose or discoidal in form.’
- ‘The calcite typically occurs as colorless to white discoidal crystals about 4 cm across; however, individual crystals to 30 cm are known.’
- ‘The conch is thickly discoidal, with broadly convex sides and rounded venter with rounded ventral shoulders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.