One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The conch is thickly discoidal, with broadly convex sides and rounded venter with rounded ventral shoulders.’
- ‘A distinguishing feature of the echinoids is that the ossicles imbricate and are fused into a globular or discoidal test; its flattened or concave oral side faces the substratum and the aboral side is arched in most species.’
- ‘Of the five subphyla of the traditional scheme, the first is the Echinozoa, which are usually globose or discoidal in form.’
- ‘The calcite typically occurs as colorless to white discoidal crystals about 4 cm across; however, individual crystals to 30 cm are known.’
- ‘All known species of Capisocysta have a spheroidal rather than discoidal shape, and an equatorial flange is never present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.