One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be discerned; perceptible.‘the scandal had no discernible effect on his career’‘the inscription was barely discernible’
visible, detectable, noticeable, perceptible, observable, perceivable, distinguishable, recognizable, identifiableView synonyms
- ‘The carrot's flavour was discernible, but quite distinct from that in a savoury dish.’
- ‘The balance of evidence suggests a discernible human influence on global climate.’
- ‘Nor are there any evident truths discernible without regard to our historical context.’
- ‘There was an almost discernible sigh of relief over evidence of resilience in house prices.’
- ‘None of the characters undergo any kind of discernible transformation during their week in the desert.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.