One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bicycle wheel with a central disc in place of spokes.
- ‘Racers will have the opportunity to win a new disk wheel by purchasing a raffle ticket.’
- ‘If the wind blows, we will use five-spoke wheels and if not, then disc wheels.’
- ‘What are the things a person should watch for when inspecting a disc wheel for safe operation?’
- ‘They have hubs made of carbon fiber, like disk wheels.’
- ‘That was interesting reading in your book about lacing a rear disc wheel, so that the outside spokes are reversed for the two sides of the wheel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.