Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bicycle wheel with a central disc in place of spokes.
- ‘Racers will have the opportunity to win a new disk wheel by purchasing a raffle ticket.’
- ‘They have hubs made of carbon fiber, like disk wheels.’
- ‘If the wind blows, we will use five-spoke wheels and if not, then disc wheels.’
- ‘That was interesting reading in your book about lacing a rear disc wheel, so that the outside spokes are reversed for the two sides of the wheel.’
- ‘What are the things a person should watch for when inspecting a disc wheel for safe operation?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.