One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera in which the images are formed on a disc, rather than on film.
- ‘Lucky for them the disc cameras were being phased out, and were thus omnipresent in bargain bins.’
- ‘The Disc Camera made a big splash when introduced in 1982, but soon lost their popularity among users.’
- ‘The company introduced these tiny disc cameras in 1982 and hoped that the high-quality lenses and precision manufacturing would compensate for their tiny image.’
- ‘Since funds were quite limited in the world of a graduate student, I purchased a housed disc camera.’
- ‘My first camera was one of those disk cameras, the film was this round disk.’
- ‘The only disk camera maker in the country, started producing the cameras in April at a rate of 100,000 a month.’
- ‘I do think this disc camera is of much higher quality than the one I owned when I was younger, but I don't think it warrants me buying disc film to find out.’
- ‘The only disadvantage is that the disc camera takes a few seconds to display each picture, while those displayed on a chip camera screen will appear instantaneously.’
- ‘Through the disc camera, they were attempting to develop proprietary film technology that would give them an advantage over competitors.’
- ‘A little over twenty years ago, the disk cameras were the largest selling format in the world, and these camera phones produce even better pictures than disks did.’
- ‘Very funny that you bring the disc camera up, I was just thinking about this camera the other day.’
- ‘The disk cameras, ranging in price from $27.95 to $59, are to be delivered this June.’
- ‘If, instead, they had put a better quality lens in a smaller package, the disc camera may have actually succeeded.’
- ‘In the early 1980's the disc camera was launched, these cameras are extremely thin due to the use of disc film.’
- ‘My very first camera was a disc camera, so I have a lot of very fond memories of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.