One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera in which the images are formed on a disc, rather than on film.
- ‘Since funds were quite limited in the world of a graduate student, I purchased a housed disc camera.’
- ‘My first camera was one of those disk cameras, the film was this round disk.’
- ‘If, instead, they had put a better quality lens in a smaller package, the disc camera may have actually succeeded.’
- ‘The only disadvantage is that the disc camera takes a few seconds to display each picture, while those displayed on a chip camera screen will appear instantaneously.’
- ‘A little over twenty years ago, the disk cameras were the largest selling format in the world, and these camera phones produce even better pictures than disks did.’
- ‘Lucky for them the disc cameras were being phased out, and were thus omnipresent in bargain bins.’
- ‘Very funny that you bring the disc camera up, I was just thinking about this camera the other day.’
- ‘The only disk camera maker in the country, started producing the cameras in April at a rate of 100,000 a month.’
- ‘The company introduced these tiny disc cameras in 1982 and hoped that the high-quality lenses and precision manufacturing would compensate for their tiny image.’
- ‘My very first camera was a disc camera, so I have a lot of very fond memories of them.’
- ‘I do think this disc camera is of much higher quality than the one I owned when I was younger, but I don't think it warrants me buying disc film to find out.’
- ‘Through the disc camera, they were attempting to develop proprietary film technology that would give them an advantage over competitors.’
- ‘The Disc Camera made a big splash when introduced in 1982, but soon lost their popularity among users.’
- ‘The disk cameras, ranging in price from $27.95 to $59, are to be delivered this June.’
- ‘In the early 1980's the disc camera was launched, these cameras are extremely thin due to the use of disc film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.