One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The breaking up of an organized group.‘the disbandment of the old army meant that they could start afresh’
- ‘The RHD promptly complied and announced its immediate disbandment.’
- ‘Despite the group's disbandment, the four members would still meet every month.’
- ‘The government will hope that it's on a path, however long, to disbandment.’
- ‘The Labour leader proposed a resolution, backed by all parties, calling for the disbandment of all paramilitary organisations.’
- ‘A meeting last week, called to vote on the disbandment of the committee, sounded the death knell for the organisation.’
- ‘Our local regiment has been earmarked for disbandment.’
- ‘Prior to the end of the Civil War, little thought was given to how the war would end, much less to the processes of disbandment.’
- ‘Garbage have scrapped their European tour amidst speculation of an imminent disbandment.’
- ‘The Army Board used as one of their reasons for disbandment a unit's recruiting and retention record in the last ten years.’
- ‘The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.