One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So, sadly and very disappointedly, I wandered back to the ice cream aisle to take one last look at my two gallons of Neapolatin.’
- ‘Sometimes they wouldn't even go that far, they would simply smile a little disappointedly on their way out or pat me on the back in encouragement.’
- ‘After searching the length and breadth of the place I was disappointedly unable to find what I wanted, due to having very little to choose from.’
- ‘Waterford crashed very disappointedly to Limerick in the first round of the 2003 Oscar Traynor Trophy at the Crystal Complex on Sunday afternoon last.’
- ‘Many people, who came from far off villages while returning home disappointedly, are not allowed to refresh themselves at the nearby tea-stalls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.