One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sometimes they wouldn't even go that far, they would simply smile a little disappointedly on their way out or pat me on the back in encouragement.’
- ‘Many people, who came from far off villages while returning home disappointedly, are not allowed to refresh themselves at the nearby tea-stalls.’
- ‘Waterford crashed very disappointedly to Limerick in the first round of the 2003 Oscar Traynor Trophy at the Crystal Complex on Sunday afternoon last.’
- ‘After searching the length and breadth of the place I was disappointedly unable to find what I wanted, due to having very little to choose from.’
- ‘So, sadly and very disappointedly, I wandered back to the ice cream aisle to take one last look at my two gallons of Neapolatin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.