One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The unpleasant quality or character of something.‘two rapidly growing sources of disamenity are air travel and tourism’
- ‘Sources of spatially localized decreasing returns to scale, in addition to land scarcity, include localized disamenities such as air pollution and localized congestible facilities with increasing long-run average costs.’
- ‘Interestingly, the marginal disamenity cost of noise fell across this range: in other words, as noise levels rise, each extra increment causes less extra disamenity than at lower noise levels.’
- ‘Thus, income taxes and government services and other amenities and disamenities such as crime, traffic congestion, and air quality would be put aside by assuming that the costs associated with such factors did not change over time.’
- ‘And that has to override any ‘disamenity or disruption’ that may befall the unfortunate residents of Erris in the months and years ahead.’
- ‘To be sure, one could also argue that visible drug dealing itself affects locational decisions on the part of entrepreneurs by functioning as a perceived ‘disamenity’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.