One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On proscription, the Attorney General can still ban political organisations, but subject to disallowance by the House of Representatives or the Senate.’
- ‘I am offering to eliminate the federal powers of disallowance in exchange for the abolition of the Senate.’
- ‘The Board's disallowance of these signatures left Mayor Williams considerably below the 2000 signatures required for ballot access.’
- ‘That is why IFA is making a major push in the negotiations with Government for incentives, through tax relief and social welfare disallowances, to encourage medium-term land leasing at an affordable price.’
- ‘But the full rigour of the regulations will be applied with claw-backs and disallowances being enforced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.