One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These disablements can result in loss of gene function at the transcription or translation level since the sequence no longer results in the production of a protein.’
- ‘Recognizing this common structure as a structure of need-deprivation and capacity disablement thus brings to light a genuine commonality in the lives of the oppressed.’
- ‘Lydia has not been part of their growing years, nor has she been able to talk to them about congenital gender disablement and answer their questions about the condition.’
- ‘Fortunately doctors were able to save him from any permanent disablement but there is no doubt in the mind of the jury what your intention was.’
- ‘In those circumstances, therefore, I am not satisfied that the disablement, albeit being physical infirmity or illness, did not arise directly or indirectly from a condition which first came into existence after 28 July.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.