One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Cajun dish consisting of white rice cooked with onions, peppers, chicken livers, and herbs.
- ‘There is also a side of dirty rice, and a creamy potato salad perked up with scallions, radishes and shreds of carrot.’
- ‘Perhaps the menu's stuffed pork chop won't be on hand, but a plump, browned chicken breast filled with delicious, scallion-spiked dirty rice will.’
- ‘At the Polo Club, she relies on one of the complex's employees to give her a lift to the Fiesta supermarket, more than a dozen miles each way, so she can pick up some dirty rice and beans.’
- ‘A typical dinner might include fillet of sole, red beans and dirty rice, a green salad, grilled asparagus, and fruit for dessert.’
- ‘One pound of meat makes nine cups of jambalaya or dirty rice in less than 30 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.