One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A course made of rolled cinders for motorcycle racing or of earth for flat racing.
- ‘The three-lap, bareback race takes 73 seconds with hairpin turns and thousands of people crowding a dirt track.’
- ‘Our dirt track is the best in America, and the turf is among the top three or four.’
- ‘At this point, I decided to make my overdue pilgrimage to the loft, about a mile away along a dirt track.’
- ‘He'd rather be at a dirt track, a NASCAR track or a road course every night.’
- ‘The two friends were left staring after the caravan as it slowly rolled away down the dirt track.’
- ‘She said they had an estimate of between £20,000 and £30,000 from a private contractor to build the dirt track.’
- ‘Heavy rains left the course wet and unsafe and track management moved all of Monday's races to the dirt track, which was labeled fast.’
- ‘The athletes paraded onto the dirt track to the cheers of fans from their home city-states.’
- ‘If I go to a local dirt track somewhere to race, I can get almost so nervous that I get sick before the race.’
- ‘Various classes of competitors take 10 laps around the dirt track to qualify for the 20 lap trophy races.’
- ‘Vic sat lazily on top of his car, watching Cray's Barracuda circle the dirt track out back of Renfield's.’
- ‘So, for me, every Saturday night I was racing at the local dirt track I had that stress, so I can only imagine the Chase for the Cup.’
- ‘The grass track is quite tight and is inside the dirt track.’
- ‘‘Even though it is outside the turf track, the dirt track is the sharper, believe it or not,’ he said.’
- ‘She looked up nervously as hooves thudded on the dirt track.’
- ‘The dirt track is similar in composition to Gulfstream's track, but Van den Broek said the training track would not be as fast.’
- ‘Fantastic Light will be one of the leading contenders for the Classic although he has never previously raced on a dirt track.’
- ‘So I took this car, put on some new sheet metal and went to a quarter-mile dirt track.’
- ‘We paralleled the asphalt road on a narrow dirt track that used to be for four wheelers, when anyone had time or money for recreation.’
- ‘His father, Alan, raced Late Models on a local dirt track, and Craven began attending races when he was five years old to watch his dad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.