Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A motorcycle designed for use on rough terrain, such as unsurfaced roads or tracks, and used especially in scrambling.
- ‘Gamers can choose to race on a dirt track with jumps on a dirt bike.’
- ‘Garret led the bunch out to the dirt bike track that the brothers made with their dad's help.’
- ‘From the sound, and what little I saw, I could tell he was on a dirt bike - and the only exits to this track were on main roads.’
- ‘The four girls laughed, and a dirt bike skidded by.’
- ‘Use of the dirt bike was approved, so I gave it a go.’
- ‘We followed them outside Master Hall where Delivery Man went up the ramp of his truck and came back down, rolling a green dirt bike.’
- ‘I asked for a dirt bike when I was a 7-year-old kid, and I've been into speed ever since.’
- ‘Eric you never told me about Garret owning a dirt bike.’
- ‘Last week she finished up the last of her court-ordered community hours - a penalty for trying to steal a dirt bike to help support her drug habit.’
- ‘If you are looking to find some excitement with 4 wheels then you have to discard the dirt bike, scooter, moped and mini bike.’
- ‘‘Hi,’ she said turning off the engine, but not getting off the dirt bike.’
- ‘Blake tilted his head to the side, surveying Trey quickly once more before asking, ‘Ever ridden a dirt bike?’’
- ‘I play around with BMX biking and ride my dirt bike when I have time to take it to the track.’
- ‘When Gary's beating the best in the wilds of mid-Wales his fan club includes his wife, Amanda, daughter Sophie and young Gareth, who just happens to have his own dirt bike.’
- ‘He opened the (carefully picked) lock and eased inside, making his way to the ground and out the rear entrance, hopping onto the dirt bike waiting there.’
- ‘I had my own bike jam as I spent the morning riding trail with some of the Team Mom guys, swung home and swapped the dirt bike for the street machine and pedaled down to Patterson Park for the official Bike Jam.’
- ‘Riding along the country roads on a dirt bike seemed fun at first but after two hours of being on the bike, Romeo had to pull over by a grassy field and they stopped there for awhile, resting in the grass, kissing and talking softly.’
- ‘A USAF Combat Controller had rode around the landing area on a light dirt bike and planted landing lights to help guide the force in.’
- ‘The Marysville Motorcycle Plant began production of a simple dirt bike in September 1979.’
- ‘My older brother Kevin had a summer job detasseling corn, and when he wasn't in the fields, he was tinkering with his dirt bike at his buddy Rick's place.’
- ‘‘Sixty miles an hour,’ he would tell me later, ‘on a dirt bike, down a steep road.’’
- ‘In Anna Casey's Place in the World the kids build the Race-A-Rama, a dirt bike track of immense hills and precipitous pits and ditches.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.