Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Unsolicited commercial literature sent to prospective customers through the post.‘some charities depend on direct mail to get support’[as modifier] ‘a direct mail campaign’
letters, Cards, correspondenceView synonyms
- ‘He reinforced the spots with direct mail, sending out pieces almost every week.’
- ‘If you want to distribute them, send them out by direct mail or pass them out in mall parking lots.’
- ‘Then there are those who automatically toss direct mail directly into the trash.’
- ‘To reach sellers, the company sends out millions of pieces of direct mail a year.’
- ‘Print, direct mail and Internet support the promo, which also runs in the fall.’
- ‘Promote your event or issue in a leaflet delivered by volunteers by ad mail, or by direct mail.’
- ‘Old-fashioned direct mail was also used to promote the site and the film.’
- ‘Ferguson says consumers are weary of traditional methods such as direct mail.’
- ‘Critically evaluate the steps that companies can take to ensure that their direct mail does not become junk mail.’
- ‘So why do we keep sending direct mail and expect that someone is going to read it?’
- ‘The Star Trib also has been shifting away from telemarketing in favor of direct mail.’
- ‘They will promise not to send you any more direct mail or annoy you with telemarketers.’
- ‘The Direct Marketing Association estimates 22 million items of direct mail are sent to dead people each year.’
- ‘Those who argue that the activity should not be policed more strictly than direct mail in the post are wrong.’
- ‘Support also included store fixtures signage, employee incentives and direct mail.’
- ‘One Republican respondent said that money is better spent on direct mail, telemarketing and events.’
- ‘Seniors are also one of the few target groups that actually take the time to comb through their mountains of direct mail.’
- ‘Most mail houses will handle direct mail, postage, addressing, imprinting and mailing.’
- ‘To many marketing managers, direct marketing means direct mail.’
- ‘Readers in Jacksonville also report they are receiving direct mail and e-mail from Macy's.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.