One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for examination-in-chief
- ‘During her direct examination, she asked my father about his work as a teenager.’
- ‘After the game-legged attorney performed her direct examination, Joshua made sure to help her back into her seat - out of good will, he said, but also to mitigate what he called ‘the crutches factor.’’
- ‘Before Larry could begin his direct examination of Lucky, Judge Stone wanted to make sure our star witness knew that he didn't have to testify.’
- ‘He was on the stand for about an hour today on direct examination from the prosecution here in Santa Barbara County.’
- ‘You and the counsel who engages you must take the time, well in advance, to properly prepare both for your own direct examination and the anticipated cross-examination by opposing counsel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.