One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for examination-in-chief
- ‘After the game-legged attorney performed her direct examination, Joshua made sure to help her back into her seat - out of good will, he said, but also to mitigate what he called ‘the crutches factor.’’
- ‘He was on the stand for about an hour today on direct examination from the prosecution here in Santa Barbara County.’
- ‘During her direct examination, she asked my father about his work as a teenager.’
- ‘You and the counsel who engages you must take the time, well in advance, to properly prepare both for your own direct examination and the anticipated cross-examination by opposing counsel.’
- ‘Before Larry could begin his direct examination of Lucky, Judge Stone wanted to make sure our star witness knew that he didn't have to testify.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.