Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for telebanking
- ‘He is a frequent speaker at international conferences and has been involved in executive development seminars for the direct banking and insurance industry.’
- ‘The survey was carried out by the Future Foundation on behalf of First Direct, the Leeds-based phone and web direct banking operation.’
- ‘There are huge opportunities for banks to offer an integrated direct banking service combining telephone call centre and internet technologies and built around the customer conversation model.’
- ‘Yet we have seen the development of innovative direct banking led by the Bank of Scotland.’
- ‘Whilst he doesn't have direct banking experience, Charlie is well regarded in corporate governance circles and has a broking and funds management background so it is broad financial services.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.