One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveEntomology
- ‘The cerci of some diplurans are designed to break off near the base if they are mishandled.’
- ‘The study yielded new cave records for amphipods, isopods, diplurans, and carabid beetles.’
- ‘We have obtained the most extensive sample of basal hexapods so far: namely, 10 proturans, 12 diplurans, and 10 collembolans, including all their major subgroups - plus a wide range of out-group taxa.’
- ‘Similar to some other primitive wingless insects, diplurans have external sexual reproduction.’
- ‘Some dipluran species are herbivorous and feed on plants and plant material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.