One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First, the increase in frequency of original gene and duplicate (corresponding to the rise of diploidy from haploid organisms) is not at issue here.’
- ‘Little is known about the transition from diploidy to polyploidy but in some species, triploids are thought to function as intermediates in this transition.’
- ‘Furthermore, it can be shown to hold for PGE with male somatic diploidy and for polyploid apomixis as well.’
- ‘Recessive deleterious mutations are a major cause for the phenomenon of inbreeding depression, and diploidy may have evolved to mask the effects of recessive deleterious mutations.’
- ‘This article generalizes their approach to allow for arbitrary modes of inheritance, including diploidy, polyploidy, sex linkage, cytoplasmic inheritance, and genomic imprinting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.