Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A peptide composed of two amino-acid residues.
- ‘These proteases are both endopeptidase and exopeptidase, and their combined action in the intestine leads to the production of amino acids, dipeptides, and tripeptides, all of which are taken up by enterocytes of the mucosal wall.’
- ‘Values range from 0 to 1 and scores equal or greater than 0.5 represent a region of the protein with RS dipeptides or basic amino acids constituting a majority.’
- ‘All of the TRA proteins are characterized by a variable number of interspersed serine/arginine dipeptides and a proline/valine motif in the C-terminal domain.’
- ‘This dipeptide (comprising two amino acids - histidine and beta-alanine) is found in fairly high amounts in muscle cells.’
- ‘The protein source of peptide-based formulas is hydrolyzed protein, dipeptides or tripeptides, or free amino acids.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.