One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pen that has to be dipped in ink.
- ‘Dickens was an amazing novelist and one can only imagine what kinds of heights he'd reach if he could write with the dip pen and the inkwell and a portable home theater setup.’
- ‘They haven't won a Grand Final since I was learning to use a dip pen at school.’
- ‘In the time I was not going I invested in a dip pen, some ink and a calligraphy brush.’
- ‘Visitors can take their place at desks in three period classrooms and write on slates with chalk before progressing to dip pens and exercise books to practise ornate copperplate writing.’
- ‘From slates we graduated to pencils and eventually to ink with dip pens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.