One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pen that has to be dipped in ink.
- ‘In the time I was not going I invested in a dip pen, some ink and a calligraphy brush.’
- ‘From slates we graduated to pencils and eventually to ink with dip pens.’
- ‘They haven't won a Grand Final since I was learning to use a dip pen at school.’
- ‘Dickens was an amazing novelist and one can only imagine what kinds of heights he'd reach if he could write with the dip pen and the inkwell and a portable home theater setup.’
- ‘Visitors can take their place at desks in three period classrooms and write on slates with chalk before progressing to dip pens and exercise books to practise ornate copperplate writing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.