One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in most female mammals) a period of sexual inactivity between recurrent periods of oestrus.
- ‘The estrous cycle in the dog can be divided into four stages: proestrus, estrus, diestrus and anestrus.’
- ‘The reproductive cycle has four stages: anestrus, proestrus, estrus, and diestrus.’
- ‘A greater percentage of CL in early diestrus tend to have a fluid-filled lumen vs the CL during late diestrus and advanced stages of pregnancy.’
- ‘Values remained high throughout dioestrus, with a rapid decline beginning 14 to 15 days after ovulation.’
- ‘Progesterone secretion also increases during metestrus and diestrus with a decrease afterwards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.