Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in most female mammals) a period of sexual inactivity between recurrent periods of oestrus.
- ‘The reproductive cycle has four stages: anestrus, proestrus, estrus, and diestrus.’
- ‘The estrous cycle in the dog can be divided into four stages: proestrus, estrus, diestrus and anestrus.’
- ‘Progesterone secretion also increases during metestrus and diestrus with a decrease afterwards.’
- ‘Values remained high throughout dioestrus, with a rapid decline beginning 14 to 15 days after ovulation.’
- ‘A greater percentage of CL in early diestrus tend to have a fluid-filled lumen vs the CL during late diestrus and advanced stages of pregnancy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.