One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A midday break.‘the boys have a good long dinner camp to catch up on a bit of sleep’‘he told the story one day on dinner camp’
- ‘We were on dinner camp and the cattle began to move away.’
- ‘They would know which direction to bring the change-horses along to the dinner camp.’
- ‘These days, when you stop for dinner camp, or to meet the locals in the pub at night, you'll meet tourists, graziers, and consultants.’
- ‘If there were no water where we were going to have dinner camp, we would take one pack horse with canteens of water.’
- ‘I remember one day on dinner camp, we was all relaxing as the horses fed around us.’
- ‘Mostly the team that went with Smokey only saw Arthur twice a day at the dinner camp.’
- ‘One day we drove out to take rations to where the men had their dinner camp.’
- ‘If they have a dinner camp here, that's supposed to be in their boundary.’
- ‘Your dinner camp would be on the water, maybe two or three hours.’
- ‘These people respect their dinner camp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.