One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While in the daytime it looked just kept enough to be scruffy, the thick cool of the night hid its dinginess and transformed it into something almost beautiful.’
- ‘The geeky mayhem is played out in scenes of deepest American dinginess: checked couches, hanging crystals, bad hair dye, dim clutter.’
- ‘Under these circumstances both cities are at their most abstractly lovely, with the dinginess and decay invisible and human life represented only by parked cars and electric lights.’
- ‘There was cat hair everywhere, and there was just a general dinginess.’
- ‘Mike leans back and chuckles, and everyone joins in, sipping hot, sweet coffee gratefully in the chill of the a/c, in the musty dinginess of the club before opening time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.