One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Somewhat dim-wittedly, I agreed, completely oblivious to the fact I had just invited a solicitor into my house.’
- ‘It's also rather dim-wittedly plotted and outlandishly self-indulgent - although neither of those flaws is significant enough to outweigh his gorgeous visual achievement.’
- ‘But all too often it spins the very worst of that attempt, becoming not only pretentious, but dim-wittedly pretentious.’
- ‘It took some time to sink in, and I stood dim-wittedly in the heavy rain staring at Charles whose expression grew increasingly perplexed when I didn't get in right away.’
- ‘The figures are placed in situations that leave them at best dim-wittedly perplexed, at worst in comic-book peril - endangered by a motley collection of cooking utensils, buckets, bear traps, electric fans, chain saws, trophies, and water hoses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.