One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows care and conscientiousness in one's work or duties.‘he spends his nights diligently working on his dissertation’‘I searched diligently for a remedy’
- ‘The global process team focused diligently on how to convert orders into cash and streamlined the process into six phases.’
- ‘It used to be enough to learn and diligently apply the latest sales and marketing tactics and techniques.’
- ‘I'm eagerly looking forward to and studying diligently for what I expect to be a marvelous journey.’
- ‘She has diligently researched the subject of her book, presenting us with an immensely more complex personality than we may have hitherto imagined.’
- ‘The inquiry should be conducted diligently with a genuine determination to identify and prosecute those responsible.’
- ‘I haven't run a race this long before but I have trained diligently.’
- ‘It was the most insightful piece of literature Peter had ever read, and he read diligently through the pages one at a time.’
- ‘These techniques are important learned skills and are effective to the degree that they are diligently practiced.’
- ‘Whether legal advice has been sought diligently by the detained person depends on the context of the situation.’
- ‘Making household finances work will mean that couples must pay attention to details and diligently handle legal and financial matters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.