One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The phenomenon exhibited by some fluids, sols, and gels in which they become more viscous or solid under pressure.
- ‘It also distinguishes between two types of hardening, namely shear hardening and compression hardening and incorporates soil dilatancy and a yield cap.’
- ‘Grain-scale brittle dilatancy would increase permeability, readily promoting the influx of CO2-rich hydrous fluids into the fault zone soon after its initiation.’
- ‘Association with vertical joints suggests that the deformation is progressively evolving towards dilatancy with increasing tectonically induced differential stress.’
- ‘Volumetric strain energy density predicts the tendency for deformation band nucleation, the growth stage at which the deformation bands are defined by pore space dilatancy or collapse.’
- ‘Yet other experiments suggest that the change in strength at the CMF is due to dilatancy hardening at low melt fractions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.