One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dual in-line (package).See DIP
A person's daughter-in-law.‘my son and DIL are both primary school teachers’
- ‘Can our DIL change the names of our grandchildren to her maiden name without the consent of their father?’
- ‘I really respect and like my DIL and think she is excellent mother.’
- ‘I have a boy and three girls and my DIL will be treated exactly the same as my daughters.’
- ‘Appreciate the fact that your DIL has parents/family of her own and will most likely be a bit closer to them, especially her mum.’
- ‘My son has just told me my DIL is tense when I'm around as I don't let her feel in control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.