One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It appears to be a specially successful job considering the verbosity and digressiveness of the novel of this writer who, though often brilliant, writes in a highly disorderly way.’
- ‘Yet even discounting the frequent abstractness and digressiveness of his writing style, he remains a somewhat elusive thinker.’
- ‘He tore into his guitar solos with a ferocity that seemed to forget the previous two years of druggy digressiveness.’
- ‘For all his digressiveness, he constantly selects and shapes, for he ever desires to maintain control over the emotions that he provokes in his reader.’
- ‘Works such as Jonathan Swift's A Tale of a Tub and Laurence Sterne's Tristram Shandy made digressiveness itself a part of the satire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.