Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Convert (pictures or sound) into a digital form that can be processed by a computer.‘the new police national computer will be capable of storing digitized photographs’
- ‘In order for a computer to process and ultimately analyze these signals, they first must be digitized.’
- ‘Once the roots are clean, a flatbed scanner is then used to digitize images of them for scientists to analyze with computer software.’
- ‘The image is digitised into binary code and saved as a computer file.’
- ‘The implant works by receiving sound through a speech processor then analyzing and digitizing the sound into a coded signal.’
- ‘I could make a game like this using merely digitized photos hotlinked to each other.’
- ‘We also analyzed the structure of the airspaces within each slide by digitizing the image and converting it to black and white and then identifying the length of every pixel line segment lying within an airspace.’
- ‘You could digitize photographs and put them on the system, but one picture took an entire hard disk.’
- ‘The software digitized and compressed audio signals before sending them over the Internet.’
- ‘The most significant of these involves digitizing the individual sounds of acoustic instruments and using the data to create a new spectrum of sounds.’
- ‘Perhaps more important, shared catalog data can help archivists avoid digitizing materials that have already been digitized by other institutions.’
- ‘The chip and digitized photo are only intended to strengthen the integrity of the Canadian passport.’
- ‘All images were digitized and analyzed to extract the drop profile.’
- ‘When the object is deformed, interference fringes appear, which are digitized via a video camera.’
- ‘The conflict began when that content was digitized and acquired attributes that it had not previously had.’
- ‘Pulse images are digitized by the device and written to disk as a computer file.’
- ‘What video capture cards do to put it in simple terms is that these cards use hardware or software compression to digitize your video onto the hard drive on your computer.’
- ‘The internet will run on servers which will themselves be digitized and uploaded onto the internet.’
- ‘The libraries need to identify collections that need to be digitized.’
- ‘Added to this slimmed-down distribution were special configuration and monitoring scripts and the software for digitizing the audio signal.’
- ‘The sound is also there, although, like the first units, digitized speech is still horrid.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.