Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person born or brought up during the age of digital technology and so familiar with computers and the Internet from an early age.‘the digital tools that are reshaping our economy make more sense to young digital natives than to members of older generations’
- ‘The digital native doesn't send a letter to the editor anymore.’
- ‘He asks valid questions, such as, "What are the demographic differences [among the digital natives]?"’
- ‘Digital natives are proud and fiercely protective of their island and will defend it whatever the cost may be.’
- ‘Not everyone has to be all things to all digital editors, but the industry really needs digital natives to serve increasingly digital audiences.’
- ‘I often feel that I am a digital immigrant inhabiting the world of digital natives.’
- ‘Thus they are perceived as confident "digital natives" of cyberspace, whereas we are merely nervous "immigrants".’
- ‘The digital natives have already come of age.’
- ‘So how do we get to those digital natives?’
- ‘Young people have ease and familiarity with the digital media that make them "digital natives" in ways older generations can never be.’
- ‘Yet with a new generation of digital natives, it may be time to reconsider whether this theory gives a full picture.’
- ‘How these digital natives report their own media use patterns should thus be of high relevance to this study.’
- ‘But the unmeasured skills of the "digital natives" are not just about technological proficiency.’
- ‘And while the digital natives within the organization may be ready to take off at a full sprint, many of us will probably need to walk before we run.’
- ‘We may never become true digital natives, but we can and must begin to assimilate to their culture and way of thinking.’
- ‘The members of this generation are the first digital natives.’
- ‘And telling the digital natives that they have to choose between journalism and technology is a self-defeating move by an industry that needs our talents.’
- ‘The focus on young people is a direct response to frequently made statements that cast young people as digital natives and members of a new media generation.’
- ‘Raised on MTV, video games, e-mail, the Internet and instant messaging, digital natives have developed cognitive thinking patterns that differ from all previous generations.’
- ‘In general, the concept of digital wisdom attempts to integrate the digital immigrants into the technology areas where the digital natives reside.’
- ‘My two young daughters, on the other hand, will be digital natives.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.