Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for displaying a revolving selection of digital photographs, which can be uploaded directly from a digital camera or memory card.
- ‘Pictures from a digital camera, for instance, can be transferred through the PC to any digital frame in the house.’
- ‘But an increasing number of people can afford a smaller version of these digital frames.’
- ‘Passing through time is a slideshow of photos I uploaded recently onto a digital frame.’
- ‘And the number of digital frame users is growing.’
- ‘Able to show off numerous pictures - one at a time and slide-show style - a digital frame can store up to 100 images.’
- ‘With digital frame grabbers, the goal is to ensure that the digital image data from the camera is formatted properly prior to passing it onto the PC for processing.’
- ‘Users can sort through thousands of images, select their favorite pieces and download them to their digital frame.’
- ‘Slow modem connections represent another difficulty which may prevent consumers from flocking to buy digital frames this year.’
- ‘In addition, framers might consider offering their wares to the digital frame companies and forming some type of agreement.’
- ‘While digital frames are certainly a hit among buyers, there are limitations to the nifty little product.’
- ‘So at the time, creatively, I felt like I was in a digital frame.’
- ‘And framers should take note, because the digital frame could affect the future of the framing industry in more ways than one.’
- ‘"I think digital frames could be an exciting new opportunity for growth for custom framers," said Wenner.’
- ‘Finally, the cost of digital frames can be restrictive.’
- ‘Called the Vizit, the sleek device is prettier and more powerful than the cheap digital frames we have seen lining the shelves at CVS and Costco.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.