One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A digital camera.
- ‘I walked back to my room and came back with a digicam and took a few frames.’
- ‘The first bit of good news for the consumer is that 3-megapixel digicams now cost about the same as the earlier 2-megapixel ones.’
- ‘This is truly the smallest digicam I've ever reviewed and weighs in as the smallest 2.1mp digital camera on the market.’
- ‘My brain keeps telling me I'm using an SLR, not a digicam, so I want to use it like an SLR.’
- ‘Let's hope that video clips will be occasional items in a blog and not, that in times to come, we will see hordes of people sitting in front of poorly focused digicams or webcams, droning on day after day!’
- ‘Typical consumer digicams fare somewhere in the lower middle of the pack and capture about 6-9 stops of detail, depending on the bit depth used in the digital capture process, the sensor size and a few other factors.’
- ‘It seems a basic concept but armed with laptops, mobiles and digicams the whole claims process can be addressed far more efficiently with our own software.’
- ‘What's wrong with my camera, and should I just buy a digicam instead?’
- ‘Nevertheless, with digicams getting some buzz for showing up on business-oriented cell phones and handheld devices, manufacturers are prompting professionals to consider going digital.’
- ‘It's therefore my contention that with the exception of consumer digicams the future lies in full-frame SLRs, not ones with 1.5X or similar magnification factors.’
- ‘There's also a 1.3 megapixel digicam with 4x digital zoom.’
- ‘For prints 8x10 or larger, one should look for digicams with 4-megapixel resolution or higher.’
- ‘The second thing I learned is that I probably need a telephoto lens for my digicam.’
- ‘The level of detail outstrips many of the seven megapixel digicams on the market.’
- ‘That's why there are 8X10 view cameras as well as pocket digicams.’
- ‘That is pretty good, considering that most shots I take with other compact digicams get blurry at two times that shutter speed.’
- ‘I don't use any kind of camera at all, but I would like a digicam, just because.’
- ‘The digicam is backed with still and video capture code.’
- ‘But you really won't mind that, after all it's one, if not the most important component in a digicam.’
- ‘For the unplanned slice-of-life and people photos that I like to make, small digicams are too slow to use and have mediocre viewfinders and too much depth of field, while digital SLRs are too big.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.